PLEASE DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO THE MEMO BELOW REGARDING STORM UPDATES. ALSO...PLEASE NOTE...WE ARE GOING TO BE MOVING THE STORM WEBSITE TO https://uisa.ca/vipl
THIS WEBSITE WILL BECOME INACTIVE EFFECTIVE AUG 1, 2020
THIS WILL ALLOW US TO STREAMLINE OUR CURRENT TIER 2 PROGRAMS AND HELPS US REDUCE SOME MONTHLY EXPENSES. PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK FOR ALL YOUR UP TO DATE VIPL INFORMATION.
Hello parents and players,
I am sending this message to all players who have registered for Storm assessments for the 2020-2021 season of play. I wanted to provide a quick update on the situation before we get into the summer months. First off, thank-you to all of our players on this email who represented the Storm club this past season your effort, enthusiasm and commitment were much appreciated. Also to new players and the U14 players who have registered for assessments, we thank you for your interest in our program.
- Our U14 Storm boys and girls teams had two assessments before the stoppage of play for Covid-19, both teams were scheduled to have a third and final assessment after spring break (end of March) but these did not happen due to the stoppage
- Both U14 boys and girls teams were not selected as the assessments were not fully completed
- No coaches for Storm teams for 2020-2021 have been named and no new candidates for coaching positions have been interviewed
- Given the uncertainty with VIPL in Lower Island we are not exactly sure what the future of the league will look like for this coming season, our hope is that VIPL continues
- Given the impact of Covid-19 on soccer, we are not sure at this moment what the Return to Play scenario would or could look like for Storm players and our five feeder clubs
It is my hope that all players of all levels are back on the field playing the beautiful game sooner than later and I remain optimistic in my thinking.
I do thank all of you for your interest in the Storm program and would like to advise you that future correspondence will be sent to you through the Upper Island Soccer Association (UISA) which governs the game in the upper island region.
Hopefully we will see you all on the field before long, best wishes and stay healthy!
Upper Island Storm